Wednesday, December 15, 2010

will work for humanity...

Been home a few months now and am looking for a job…maybe I should change my blog name to “How to Find a Job after Peace Corps” cause it’s NOT easy. I think I’ve signed up to every online job search engine known to man.

I applied for a job with the San Francisco Peace Corps office and got it; only to find out a couple days later that Peace Corps had a hiring freeze and they considered the position “non-essential”; so no job for me. Now I’m considering Grad-school sooner than the planned 2 years from now. Not sure when to give up though. I really do want to stay home for a while. With working in France and then Peace Corps Kenya and Lesotho I’ve been working overseas for about 4 years now. I know whatever job I finally settle into after Grad-School will at the very least have me traveling a lot so I wanna enjoy some time in the bay area for a while. I guess I’m just talking myself into something I’m already planning to do…

While I was in Lesotho people were telling me about how bad the economy was but its a different thing hearing about it vs. being here. Trying to find a job makes it VERY clear.

I'm very lucky to have my family and friends. They've been so supportive during this time but I can't help but think about all of my other volunteer friends out there that are struggling. I just hope this all turns around soon.

1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

Thank you very much for the contribution.