Monday, December 21, 2009

And she's back...

Ok, so I know you guys haven't heard from me in a while and I'm mostly writing at the moment because I have nothing better to do with the four hours that I have to sit in the Heathrow Airport right now. And I know you guys would much rather I talked about Lesotho and my last few months that I haven't written about but I'm not gonna cause that's not what's on my mind at the moment. I'll talk about that later but I won't promise anything because I imagine I'm gonna be busy hanging out with everybody for the next month so ya'll will just have to deal with seeing me instead :-)

I'm on my way home and surprisingly not too nervous about it at the moment. Maybe I'll get anxious when I actually step off the plane and am about to see my Mom and brother.

Amy and I had plans to sit in the Jo'burg Airport together yesterday for about 6 hours and play phase-ten (Jen we should totally add that to game night. It's awesome) and have lunch but unfortunately after getting off the bus we decided to go exchange money and we think she left her passport at the bureau de change. We spent a good five hours looking for it but unfortunately came up empty. When she went back to the bureau de change it was closed; we assume because it was Sunday. In my attempts to help her find it I went to the Airport Police Station and you would think the cops would be easy to find in any airport. Unfortunately not so much in the Jo'burg Airport. I didn't realize how many people lose their passports. After walking around in circles for a while I finally found the police and told them my problem. Well this proved to be an issue because I am not Amy so I of course could not claim her passport but I then explained to them that I just wanted to see if the passport was there and then she would come and claim it. After attempting to spell her name for them several times they gave up and handed me a box of at least 50 passports and said that I could look through them to find hers. And of course the whole time one of the cops was asking me a million questions about being a "black american". How do you answer the questions; "What's the most interesting city in the U.S.?" Do you realize how many cities there are in the U.S.? Clearly you don't or you wouldn't be assuming that I've been to all of them and able to compare.

I spent most of my time in Botswana defending my American-ness. That and hiding from the awful awful heat. I thought Kenya was hot but good lord. You step outside the door and you feel like you're going to melt like the wicked witch. I can now empathize with her pain.

Anyhoo; my time at the airport is not all that exciting so I think I'll post some pictures cause hey; I HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET RIGHT NOW!!!


This is what I usually wake up to lying next to me in the mornings in Nazareth. I swear my cat thinks she's a person. One morning I woke up and had to take a picture of this insanity. She requests to get under the covers by jumping up next to my head meowing and pawing at the covers until I hold them up so she can crawl under. You kinda can't not love this cat!

Here's me Trish and Ash on my Birthday...


Here are Some Pics from our Semongkong Thanksgiving:

Hiked to the Highest Waterfall in Southern AfricaHere's me and my Donkey on the Donkey Pub Crawl:

And here's me and Tara after making Thanksgiving Day hats a la kindergarten :-)

Hope you enjoyed and See ya soon!!

1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

Nice information.Have a medicine website. there is a medicine that seems to work.