Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Baby and Favorite Girl

One of the Nurses at my clinic is amazing. Well; they're all pretty amazing but this particular one has taken in 3 orphans from different members of her family who've passed away. The eldest is 17 and just had a baby. I went to visit her in the hospital when she had the baby and took his first picture. Apparently the Basotho like to make people name their children. The Nurse gave me the honor. Lotta pressure naming a kid. Figured the first kid I'd name would be my own but I figured I'd give it a try.

So; meet Samuel...Born September 5, 2008


This is 1 Day old


This is by far my favorite kid EVER!



Her name is Mpho which means gift in Sesotho and she is such a little gift. Every time she sees me she gives me that great smile of hers. It's funny; when I first got here she wouldn't even let me hold her hand so she wouldn't fall down. Now, when I come to visit she has to be distracted before I leave so she won't cry. She's such a cutie pie!!!

I might put her in my suitcase on my way home in 2 years:-)

2 comments:

Iris said...

WOW you got to name a baby!

So cute!

Jessica H-K said...

How great! Absolutely adorable...