Sunday, August 17, 2008

Running

So as most of you know I like to run but I haven't really run since I went home from Kenya for that few months and even then it wasn't much. While in Kenya I didn't really run because of the elevation and the elevation here is much greater but I've decided to give it a try.

So, this morning one of the men that works at the clinic knocks on my door and says, “Tomorrow you will wake at 6:00am.” Perplexed, I asked him why; thinking that this was the time the outreach vehicle was leaving; but no, he wanted me to run with him. Now; this man runs on a regular basis; is about 6'4” and all legs. There is not way on this earth that I'd be able to keep up with him. But next week I start the running. Wish me luck and that I don't pass out/ have a major asthma attack.


UPDATE 9-25-08: Still not running. Got Bronchitis that was made even more fun by my asthma and the super dooper dryness of the climate here...give me a couple weeks :-)

No comments: